VegBank Browser and Computer Requirements
This page describes the minimum requirements your computer and web browser must meet in order for VegBank to function properly on your computer. A list of specific known bugs in VegBank can be found here.
Browser Requirements and Recommendations
- An up-to-date browser, such as:
- Frames enabled.
- Frames are used in the tutorial and in some VegBranch documentation. Limited functionality without frames may or may not exist.
- Cookies enabled.
- Cookies are used if you login to remember who you are. Additionally, the datacart uses a session cookie to remember who you are if you add plots to the datacart without logging in.
Computer Requirements and Recommendations
- An up-to-date web browser, as described above.
- A mouse.
- 256MB RAM is recommended for larger downloads and page displays.
requirements and recommendations:
(These a general estimates, slight reductions from these will likely still work.)
- At least 256MB RAM.
- At least 1.5 GB free hard drive space (to allow extra space for backup databases).
- At least 1.0 GHz processor.
What Our Server Requires
PLEASE NOTE: This section is for those wanting to know how the VegBank server works, or who want to install a version of VegBank on their own server. NONE of these apply to typical users.
We would like to thank all the hard work and innovation by all the developers who contributed to the following open source programs and standards, which have enabled us to create VegBank.